caret icon Back to all discussions

Diagnosed with Narcolepsy with Cataplexy in 1977. I started on Provigil after participating in the drug trial study. Would like contact from members who have been on Provigil or Nuvigil(Armodafinil since 1998

Would like to talk with Narcoleptics in their 60's, 70's, and 80's who have taken Provigil or NUVIGIL. WANT TO KNOW HOW THEY ARE DOING. HAVE THEY CONTINUED ON NUVIGIL AND HAVE THEY HAD DEVASTATING SKIN PROBLEMS. ARE THERE ANY NEUROLOGISTS NEAR QUAKERTOWN, PA?

1. I have a similar interest in speaking to anyone over 65 with narcolepsy. I am nearing my 50's and am on 120mg of adderall daily. I can't imagine how I'm going safely take my medication when I reach that age or will I have to choose between my quality of life without adderall or keep taking medication that could cause more dangerous health risks. How do people over 65 deal with their narcolepsy?

1. I have been on Provigil since 2002. I take it at 5 am and 12 noon. I do take drug free holidays. I am soon to be 67. Has helped with EDS tremendously! I have had very little in the form if side effects of which I'm grateful! Best of luck!

2. Hi . Thanks for chiming in with your own experience. If you mdon't mind me asking, how often does your doctor check for any long-term effects, such as liver issues or cardiac complications? How awesome that you have been able to take it safely for so long. Best wishes. - Lori (Team Member)

2. Hi , hopefully, some other community members will chime in to share their experiences! In the meantime, here's a thread of some community members sharing their experiences with Provigil and Nuvigil: https://narcolepsy.sleep-disorders.net/forums/armodafanil-worsening-eds. Best, Allison (Team Member)

Please read our rules before posting.